Friday, April 20, 2007

Fish Fry

NY Mets 11, Florida 3 AP Recap

I've got no time to go into my typical detail today so I'm keeping it short and sweet. There's really not that much to say anyway. We just beat the snot out of the Fish again last night completing the 2-game sweep down in Florida. El Duque had a rough 1st inning, but settled in magnificently once staked with a lead, striking out 10 for the first time since he pitched for that other New York team. The bullpen actually gave up a run, but it was unearned, and it was given up by Wags in a non-save situation so it was pretty much expected. Anyway, great game! Great series! In the series we outscored the Fish 20-5 and outhit them 33-7. That's just a beat down.

The Mets are now 10-4 and have moved into 1st place in the division, just half a game ahead of the Braves. And guess who's coming to Shea for 3 games starting tonight. Needless to say, these games are huge. I'd be lying to say I like any of the starting pitching matchups in this series, but if we continue to hit .300 and score in the double digits, I like our chances.

Let's Go Mets!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment